Orc In A Spacesuit on 2 Apr 2003 21:21:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] That's a lotta bulldozers

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Actually, the current definition of "location" (which I created to allow for this sort of thing) includes X, Y and Z coordinates, Z being elevation. So, assuming strip-mining five times in one place is considered five consecutive actions, it will result in five different locations being mined, one underneath another.

Which means the location at (9,5,-1) can't be strip-mined until the location at (9,5,0) is, because, with (9,5,0) in the way, (9,5,-1) can't be moved to.

						Glotmorf

Yeearg! This is why I'm against 3-D at the current time, as it is messy as heck. However, as I am mining now, the same place, 5 times, I'm mining (9,5,0) (or whatever the current elevation is) 5 times. I guess we can all imagine strip mining air now, and the hovermining equipment having some strange effects on the land below.

Orc in a Spacesuit