Glotmorf on 1 Apr 2003 03:42:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Prop 1416

(The "Cards" prop.)

Various concerns...

At one point the prop says "Minister of Cards", but later says "Minister of Statkeeping".

I mislike the limitation that only one card can be traded for only one card.  A card that player A has might be well worth to player B more than one of player B's cards.  Would it not be simpler to tie this to the existing Offers rule, adding the requirement that the Dealer needs to either recognize the deal or be involved in it for the sake of privacy?

In general, I would like this rule a lot more if it could be done in an automated manner, either through procmail or a webpage.  It removes the burden from the Dealer to not cheat and resist bribery.

Just a thought...Could the same thing be done with gnomes painted different colors?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix.1sound.com/ivoryminitower