Daniel Lepage on 28 Mar 2003 13:59:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 37 RESULTS

On Friday, March 28, 2003, at 01:13  AM, Glotmorf wrote:

On 3/27/03 at 11:52 PM David E. Smith wrote:

Wonko's Automation Script does not specify what to do with eir proxy in the event of a tie. Once again, I'm interpreting this as a random call.
Wonko's proxy is awarded to The Voice.

Mr. A...While Wonko's automation script doesn't specify what to do in case of a tie, there is a provision in place for what to do in case Wonko doesn't vote: Wonko is a member of M-Tek, and members of M-Tek automatically vote in accordance with the M-Tek position if they don't vote any other way. I therefore submit that Wonko's continued membership in M-Tek indicates a de facto default in the case of no proxy being given, and thus a tie in the bidding for eir proxy should revert to this default rather than resulting in an administrative assignment.

My automation script definition went as follows:
{
I add to it that at the beginning of every nweek, I take back my proxy if another player has it, then give it to the player who gave me the greatest number of BNS during the previous nweek, or the player of Dave's choice if there is a tie for who gave me the most BNS.
}

So there is a tiebreaker, and it's up to Dave.
I don't think there was a tie, though - bd gave me 1 BNS, then the Voice gave me 20, then bd gave me 20. Final score: Voice-20, bd-21. bd outbid the Voice, so e gets the proxy.

And anyone else could have gotten it for only 22 BNS...

--
Wonko