The Voice on 28 Mar 2003 13:05:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] rejoining players

From: "Orc In A Spacesuit" <orcinaspacesuit@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: spoon-discuss@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [spoon-discuss] rejoining players
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 05:50:59 -0600

The research on who's eligible to be on the Upper House led me to notice that The Voice is treated as a new player, as e left and then rejoined, and e doesn't get a title. Is this something we want? Should we give The Voice a title, or maybe set eir join date to eir original date of joining, so e gets titles as time passes?

To streamline things in the future and make things more fair if we do grant The Voice backdating, perhaps we could change the Senority rule to look at total time played rather than time since last joining. That way if The Voice had played for a total of 15 months but originally joined 26 months ago, e would get the 15-month title of "Patriarch" rather than the 25-month title of "Ancient One of B Nomic".

Well, I leave this to discussion. After that, I'll make any appropriate prop.

Orc in a Spacesuit

Oddly enough, I agree. Not sure when I joined for the first time, (I'm thinking around nweek 3 or 4) but if you don't count the time I was gone, the only players here longer than me are Glotmorf, Iain, Rob, and Wonko. I'd certainly appreciate some status back, if no one objects.

-0-The Voice-0-