Orc In A Spacesuit on 28 Mar 2003 06:51:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 37 RESULTS

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
All Speeders are penalized 3 Integrity (for being in squares of Fire).
Should've been done a couple days ago. (Orc, man, that drunken slurring is just not right...)

Whaaaaat?  Aaaa leeesaa meesaa nooo taaak liiiykee Jaaa Jaaa.

Orc buys a Towel.

Orc enters the Grid (ouch! hot! minus 5 points! if he had them... Since e bought the Towel first, e avoids the penalty.)

Hee hee. Now if fire made you lose hit points, and having zero hit points was a Bad Thing, this wouldn't be so easy. What a coincidence this races prop has that as part of what it does...

Orc cannot move on eir Speeder, as eir movement allowance for this nweek is already exhausted (eir movement is pending a change in Weather, permitting the moves e previously queued). After eir move is legal (probably at the beginning of the next nweek), eir previous move to (12,5) will take effect, charged against THIS nweek's movement allowance.

Yes!  I am the master of loopholes!
Actually, the moves "do not take place until the Type is no longer Cats and Dogs", to quote Rule 405. And the type changes every time the weather is updated, and it's updated on the 1st and 6th nday. Which means that it just now got updated again; and if it's not Cat's and Dogs again, said moves now take place.

Orc's guess at the Number Game is pending my ability to figure out what
the hell a Euclidian distance in 5-dimensional space is.

*cackles insanely*

(E won't be charged points for an erroneous guess, though, as e had no points to lose when the guess was issued.)

Let's see... drinking my way to victory, jumping into flames unharmed, concentrating now to warp me to a new position later, and now guessing numbers for free.

Wonko's Automation Script does not specify what to do with eir proxy in
the event of a tie. Once again, I'm interpreting this as a random call.
Wonko's proxy is awarded to The Voice.

Funny how that can be done, even when he's not on leave anymore. It's not a bug, it's a feature?

Ye gods, I hope that's everything. Whatever I missed/omitted/fscked up,
lemme know tomorrow. It's nweek 38, nday 1, and I'm tired.

Well, it's 12:40 AM my time now, so I think this counts as tomorrow.

VOTE RESULTS:
Proposal 1388/1 (Unlikely Icecapades) (Orc In a Spacesuit):
AFF: Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy (9), bd, Bridgeweaver, Orc In a Spacesuit
NEG: Sheeba, The Voice
SHL: Glotmorf, Iain, Wonko
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (5-2-0-3). Measure fails. Measure is shelved.
XXX FIXME

Eh?  "XXX FIXME"?  Is that a reminder to yourself, or a command to me?
And while on the topic, can I hear from everyone what needs to be fixed?

Proposal 1394/0 (Fire Burns) (Orc In a Spacesuit):
AFF: Anything McGee, bd, Bridgeweaver, Glotmorf, Iain, Orc In a Spacesuit,
     Sheeba, Wonko
NEG: Baron von Skippy, The Voice
Counts (Y/N/A/S) : (8-2-0-0). Measure passes. Orc In a Spacesuit gains 11 points. The musical bit seemed a bit forced, and it's rather too warm for winter carols, but I'll still give it the Song Bonus and Poetic Bonus (which works out to 15 points and 2 Charm). In future I'll be a bit less generous...
Created r301/33.

I give 1 point each to Anything McGee, Baron von Skippy, bd, Bridgeweaver, Glotmorf, Rob, Sheeba, The Voice, and Wonko, the players who appear active and had to put up with my lack of doing things right. I give the remaining 6 points to Sheeba for getting the first unanimous vote I know of. I still think the Unanimous Yes prop is a bad thing, though. And since this in a private forum (witness the general lack of slurring), I shall repost this publicly.

Orc in a Spacesuit