Rob Speer on 23 Mar 2003 19:40:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orcish Alcohol Tolerance

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 02:15:03PM -0500, Baron von Skippy wrote:
> -It's times like this that I almost want to rethink my policy against
> negating people's wins... hey, here's a thought for the future. If anyone
> is going to pull a scam (defined here as "winning in any way other than the
> slow accumulation of points and respect as a result of passed proposals"),
> can they kindly announce that they are about to win a day or two in
> advance? Obviously, don't tell us /what/ you're going to do, but enough
> time to, say, sell off some things, make preparations, etc. I, for example,
> would have recycled all of my Gnomes if I'd realized I was about to lose
> them. Just a thought. If I come up with another scam, I'll offer such a
> warning. Now I just need another scam...-

See, this wasn't even a scam. It seems to me that this is the first
entirely scamless Win I've seen - he just did it with Charm instead of
Points.

(Incidentally, when the heck did we pass that rule?)

And about a warning before a Win - what good would that do? The whole
point is that the game is reset and everyone's on an equal footing. What
would selling stuff accomplish? Is there some way you can keep your
wealth after a reset? If so, that's a flaw.
--
Rob Speer