Baron von Skippy on 23 Mar 2003 04:01:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Gnome / Econ recognizer

> -The thing to keep in mind is that there will be a lot of power plants. So
> a clever (read: destructive) player could set off a lot of plants in one
> strike to blow up the grid.

Think of them as nuclear reactors.
-Which do not go off like a bomb when blown up. They just spray radioactive junk all over. Even a meltdown isn't a full-fledged fission chain reaction, or there wouldn't have been enough left of Chernobyl to fill a teacup. Similarly, a power plant blowing up could certainly spew some entropy around... hmm, what if the square the meltdown was on, and everything on it, suffered the effects of a post-entropic reset?-

> Now, me, I don't like Entropic meltdowns. They
> make things icky for a while. In fact, I like the idea of improvements
> surviving them, as said improvements are too expensive to have to keep
> rebuilding. Yes, I say this even though I stand to profit mightily from
> repurchasing of guns, because I also stand to spend a lot on those guns...-

Ah, give yourself a discount. Eventually, these improvements won't have to
materialize magically from the ruleset, but actually be Build, with
Construction Armies or somesuch...

-I practically get a discount, from the vSOI handouts. So do you, I'll note. Anyway, they won't magically materialize. Players supply the resources for the non-lethal ones, and vSOI shoulders some of the cost of the weapons - almost as though it were building them in a factory somewhere, which it's safe to assume it is, but if that factory gets a solid location, someone will try to blow it up, and then what do we rebuild it with?-