Baron von Skippy on 23 Mar 2003 03:00:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Gnome / Econ recognizer

> YES [[ How about, when a can of whoopass is cracked open near a power
> plant, there's a given probability of an entropic meltdown? ]]
> -Hmm, I like the way you think... however, I'm going to make up a bogus
> reason to /avoid/ entropic meltdowns... the release of that much entropy
> takes the power plant down to a monatomic mist or something like that,
> cutting off the reaction. However, what would you say to the idea of the
> destruction of a power plant, say, raising each player's entropy by 1 or
> something? There should be at least a little bleedoff, right?-

How about a larger-then-normal explosion, and a random amount of entropy
increase for everyone, based on distance from the plant? If everyone's near
it (or some monoliths) we have a chain reaction. Also, power plants should
blow up if a monolith (or another plant) sends too much entropy in, releasing
at least as much entropy as was sent in in the resulting explosion/entropy
spreading?
- --
bd

-The thing to keep in mind is that there will be a lot of power plants. So a clever (read: destructive) player could set off a lot of plants in one strike to blow up the grid. Now, me, I don't like Entropic meltdowns. They make things icky for a while. In fact, I like the idea of improvements surviving them, as said improvements are too expensive to have to keep rebuilding. Yes, I say this even though I stand to profit mightily from repurchasing of guns, because I also stand to spend a lot on those guns...-

[[BvS]]