Baron von Skippy on 20 Mar 2003 03:26:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] vSOI: Closed for repairs

...Well, not closed yet. Here's the deal: If the proposal about grid improvements passes, vSOI is about to get rewritten to reflect the changing times and the loss of the old B Nomic economy. Specifically, vSOI will need to start producing RUs to pay for the improvements, as per Wonko and Orc's suggestions, which I wholeheartedly agree with. However, I don't like the whole scavenging resources idea that much, so I want vSOI to produce things using improvements themselves. So step one, I'm sorry to say, will be to ask everyone to contribute a certain amount of BNS (yes, I will be paying as well) to vSOI for the purchase of Mines and Power Plants, to start off. There will be an entrance fee from now on, and current members will pay it up front. We'll see where things go from there. Maybe we'll choose, say, to build Factories to hook everyone up with some nice friendly cash. I'll be altering that proposal in the next message. So, if everyone would please announce that you consent to my altering the vSOI charter, that would be great, thanks.

[[BvS]]