David E. Smith on 18 Mar 2003 04:34:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Database?

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003, Daniel Lepage wrote:

> Well, I'm programming in python, and I've got lots of reference
> material on how to interface between mySQL and python, but barely any
> on how to talk to a Microsoft Access database, so I'd prefer to see
> something in SQL.

Well, then, we're all set. The Nomic database, hosted on nomic.net, is a
MySQL database, and everything I've written (in PHP) just talks to it.

Talk to Joel about getting a shell account on nomic.net if you don't
already have one; once that's out of the way, I'll look up the syntax for
GRANT statements and give you read access to things. (You'll no doubt be
underwhelmed by the whole system.)

...dave