Baron von Skippy on 17 Mar 2003 20:22:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Putting the Grid to good use

>If a player does not have enough Power to power all Improvements they own,
>a random Improvement that player owns which requires Power is scrapped.

Hmm...I'm leaning no. A couple of concerns on this portion: first, it needs a provision expressly permitting the sale/transfer of Power. Second, do you need Power to operate a Power Plant?

-This prop is based (loosely) on a discussion I had with Wonko, and as e had some interesting ideas for transferring Whoopass around to power things, I think I'm going to leave it alone. So that's your first concern, and as for the second - it doesn't say you need power for a power plant. The Whoopass is collected through an exoentropic feedback cycle which can generate any amount of entropy (although too much is no longer safe). Assume the power plants siphon off the top 5 or 10 percent to run themselves.-

>B.6. Defense Platforms
>Defense Platforms are Improvements. Each Defense Platform requires 10 Power
>each nweek. Up to two Defense Platforms may be placed on each Grid space,
>provided no other Improvements occupy that Grid space, or one may be placed
>on a square already containing an Elbonian Airways, Elbonian Starways, or
>Power Plant.

What's the immediate purpose/effect of this?
-Well, if you have your mines and factories going, and you're making mucho dinero, then I want to stop that, right? So I send in a few Armies to smash your operation up good. You don't want that, and you don't have the armies to stop me at the moment, so it's a good thing you invested in stationary, long-range weapons, right? Whoops, there goes half my attacking army, now you can mop up.-

[[BvS]]