Daniel Lepage on 10 Mar 2003 04:29:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Pirates of the Caffeination

On Sunday, March 9, 2003, at 11:03  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

BTW, what's a "Grid Enhancement"? And won't the thing never get to the "other carryable objects" part because Lake Caffeine's a Passable Non-Service-Mall object?

-If "Grid enhancement" isn't the word for Elbonian Air/Starways, what is? And that says "Other Passable Objects besides Service Malls and Lake Caffeine," can't you see that? Should probably put the Improbable on that list too...-

Airways/Starways are Improvements [[see rule 1341, http://www.nomic.net/~g6//history.php?rn=1341]]; and the proposal you sent to spoon-business, at least, only says, "Other Passable Objects besides Service Malls".

-Well, I want it targeting the specific ones first, so it'll take down an Airway before going after a Bonus Box. Hey, what happens if a BB gets its ass Whooped, anyway?-

At the moment? It comes down with a sudden bad case of total obliteration, same as anyone else. If my fix prop passes, though, then... uh... well, then it'll still get the !$%@ blasted out of it. But at least we won't.

Bonus boxes get popped all the time. Is this a problem?

Although... something could happen... like bits of it falling around everywhere... so if you blew up a shiny thing, people nearby would gain small point increments... and nuking frog juice could Toadify nearby players...

Something like:
{{
Whenever a bonus box is destroyed by a Can of Whoopass, its effects are applied to all players within two squares of the box. If the effects specify some numerical quantity, an amount equal to one fifth of that quantity, rounded up, is used instead [[so shin/scar-y things, for example, only have minor effects]]
}}

Or should it be specified for each type of Box?

--
Wonko