bd on 5 Mar 2003 14:47:00 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: Do Not Push

On Tuesday 04 March 2003 09:49 pm, Adam Hill wrote:
> --- bd <bdonlan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I propose:
> > {{
> > __I wonder what this button does...?__
> > I append the following to rule 705:
> > {{
> > B.10. Do Not Push.
> > There exist Bonus Boxes of type Shiny Red Button. If
> > at any time there exists
> > more than one Shiny Red Button, all but one is
> > destroyed. If at any time
> > there does not exist a Shiny Red Button, one is
> > created at a random location
> > not containing any players, radar towers, or
> > impassable objects, if possible.
> >
> > When a player finds a Shiny Red Button, the Entropy
> > of all Players is set to
> > 10^(10^100).
> > }}
> > }}
>
> A friendly, entirely semantic suggestion: specify that the Entropy is set
> when a player both finds the Shiny Red Button *and* Pushes It in a public
> forum.  (Then again, perhaps my recent bias toward the public forum would
> hurt the validity of this suggestion.)  ;)

What would do if you found a shify, red 'Do Not Push' button lying around with
no guards and no chance of punishment? Would you push it automatically?
That's what the human race is all about ;)

So pushing it in a public forum would be redundant.
--
bd
I have just had eighteen whiskeys in a row.  I do believe that is a record.