Adam Hill on 5 Mar 2003 03:02:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: Self-reference

>I still think that's cheesy.  But r1299 isn't in
>conflict with r12.  Even if it was, it would be
>considered a specific prohibition with regards to the
>general permission in r12: You can have all the
>self-modifying changes you want; you just can't have
>THAT one.
>
>-- Glotmorf

I respectfully disagree, sir.  Mostly because of one sentence in Rule 12: "Even Rule Changes that amend or repeal their own authority are permissible."

To me, that sentence is allowing a Proposal to amend its own authority (i.e., essentially create a Rule) and repeal its own authority (i.e., essentially repeal that same Rule) in the same Prop.  Precisely what 1299 forbids.

Would you be more inclined to support the prop if it removed only the one sentence from Rule 12?

Anything McGee.