Daniel Lepage on 26 Feb 2003 04:25:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] (no subject)

On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 02:35  PM, Baron von Skippy wrote:

Plot 3: Mark and Alex
Mark is attracted to <girl's name>, but is too shy to ask her out. Alex is attempting to help him with this, with a small amout of success.

Dialogue sample:
Mark: I know I should just talk to her, but I'm flat out too frightened.
Alex: Come on, what's the worst that could happen?
Mark: She could reject me, mace me, tell all her friends about me, start an anti-me campaign, and leave me a pariah, leaving me to die cold and alone.
Alex: Fine, what's the second-worst thing?

I find the two occurrences of 'leave' at the end of the last 'Mark' line to be somewhat jarring; fix that and I just might vote for this :)

--
Wonko