Orc In A Spacesuit on 26 Jan 2003 22:52:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Total randomness

From: "Baron von Skippy" <baronvonskippy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Uin     4UB
Creature

Uin's creature type is uniquely identified.
4, Tap: Target creature or enchantment loses an ability.-

Sound's good. Just get a bit more specific: Is the ability chosen? Or is it random? Or might even an opponent choose?
-That hadn't occured to me.-

You, my good sir, are not then a Rules Lawyer.  Bow before my power! :)

Next, you
gotta do something to get around "cannot be the target of spells or abilities". You just gotta :)
-Well, I could rewrite it to read: "4, Tap: Target creature ability is removed from the creature it is on." It's a little unwieldy, but then again, no one has ever tried to do this... the difference is that you're not targeting the creature any more, so the "cannot be the target" stuff doesn't protect anything any more. There should then be the Immutability enchantment: "All of target creature's abilities have 'This ability cannot be the target of spells or abilities' added to them."-

There are ways. I haven't played Magic much in a year or so. I think it goes something like this now: "4, Tap: Choose any creature, and choose an ability on that creature. That creature loses that ability."

As for me, like I said before, I didn't mean for those to be all chooseable abilities. I meant for anyone to pay the cost, and a random thing happen. But then, each person is the least qualified to make eir own card, myself included. If you totally want to scrap by ideas, you Baron or anyone else, feel free to.
-I liked what you had, but as I was unable to fit all 6 of them on it, I took my personal favorites and kept them. If you can find a creator that can make really tiny text, that would be great, but at the moment...-
I don't mean have the all the abilities, I mean the random part. Red does random stuff a lot. *sigh* But hey, like I said, do what you wish.