David E. Smith on 24 Jan 2003 00:49:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] proposal idea: event timing

Note: this is a draft!

{{ __Untap, Upkeep...__

Create the following rule:

{{ __Precedence and Timing__

When multiple rules specify that an event takes place at a certain time [[
i.e. "at the beginning of an nweek" ]], those events occur in order of
rule precedence. Items in higher layer rules occur before those in lower
layers; items in rules with higher Chutzpah occur before those with lower
Chutzpah. Conflicts are handled just as any other rule conflicts, per the
rule entitled "Chutzpah".

}}

Place the above rule in Layer 2, and assign it a Chutzpah equal to that of
the rule in Layer 2 with the highest Chutzpah, plus one.

}}

[[ Is the above even slightly clear? I basically just want to codify
existing practice. If no major complaints are levied, I'll propose this
before Voting starts this nweek. ]]

...dave

--
David E. Smith  dave@[technopagan.org|bureau42.com|whatisay.com]
Due to the upcoming electron shortage, my signature was recycled