Glotmorf on 10 Jan 2003 03:28:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Prop: de-cheesing

On 1/9/03 at 1:36 PM Rob Speer wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 09, 2003 at 04:19:06AM -0500, Glotmorf wrote:
>> {{ _Help Stop Cheesy Rule Changes_
>>
>> {{ _CRC Ban_
>>
>> A proposal cannot both create and repeal a particular rule, or both
>enact and repeal a particular rule change.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> }}
>>
>> Personal taste, perhaps.  I dislike quick fixes performed by creating a
>rule for the sole purpose of allowing something that wouldn't otherwise be
>allowed in a proposal.  To me, this goes against the spirit of not
>temporarily circumventing the rules.
>
>So then instead of repealing the rule, you just change it to something
>useless. "This rule shall then be replaced by a tasteful shrubbery."
>(Yes, I looked at the AckaNomic ruleset at one point.)

Well, then, how about:

"A rule change, once implemented by a proposal, cannot be unimplemented by the same proposal."

My interpretation of that would be that changing the new rule to a shrubbery would be unimplementing the rule as created by the proposal.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower