Glotmorf on 25 Dec 2002 06:17:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] NWEEK 29 BALLOT

On 12/24/02 at 6:59 PM Wonko wrote:

>> Proposal 1276/0: Give It a Rest, Willya? (Glotmorf)
>No - I could render a rule effectively immortal by proposing repeatedly to
>repeal it and give me 1000 points. Or, I could try to repeal the Ruleset
>every nweek, and nobody would ever be able to repeal a rule again. That
>would be a Bad Thing.

Wonko's right, but for the wrong reason.  My change neglects to confine "attempted and failed" to being voted down or administratively vetoed; hence, once r19 kicks in to protect a rule, a proposal that tries to repeal the protected rule automatically fails, and automatically makes r19 kick in again in the following nweek.

It amounts to a filibuster.  Which isn't necessarily an inherently bad thing, but I can fix it.

If the proposal passes, I'll propose a fix to it next nweek.  If the proposal is shelved, I'll fix the proposal next nweek.

If people want to enact the proposal but get it fixed *now*, let me know and I'll petition the Overlord to change the proposal and turn the clock off for a couple ndays so people can reconsider their vote.

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower