Baron von Skippy on 22 Dec 2002 04:42:01 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Force, INH, polynomic

Finally, my feelings on this multi-nomic thing:

Yes, it would be a good idea to talk with other Nomics, but I'd like to have some idea what we want before we start arguing with other Nomics. I think it
would be very interesting (the Baron and I were discussing this earlier) to
set up something vaguely akin to the Grid, except with different Nomics
owning different parts of it, sort of like a cross between Risk and
Monopoly, with each Nomic being a "player" in the game (sort of like making
each Nomic the government of a hypothetical nation).

-Right. Even if the other Nomics don't choose to incorporate a Grid into their ruleset, it's still there for them if they change their minds. A multi-Nomic grid would also allow wars between Nomics to be fought without any sticky "a suffusion of yellow" nonsense, and no ruined rulesets. You want to fight? Fine, buy our Speeders... heh heh.-

Alternately, a new InterNomic could be established, using most of the same
base rules as InterNomic I.
-Modified to fit differences since then, of course. It would be the job of the Ambassador then to represent B Nomic in this new InterNomic.-

Or, a "simple" trading scheme could be devised, wherein Nomics would be able exchange certain objects - perhaps a panel of players from the member Nomics could be appointed to decide what items were subject to exchange; this would
also allow the Copyright thing to work well - the panel could decide, for
example, to approve only Big Sticks created by B Nomic, etc. The one problem
I see with trading between Nomics is that for every good, there will always
be at least one Nomic for which that good is free; it seems to defeat the
purpose of all this if we can just wave our arms and create an arbitrarily
large number of Sledge-O-Matics to trade to Nomicron or Agora.
-This sort of ties back to the rewritten InterNomic thing, because anything short of that will cause more problems than is good for anyone.-

--
Wonko

[[BvS]]

The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 3 months FREE*. http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&xAPID=42&PS=47575&PI=7324&DI=7474&SU= http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf