David E. Smith on 19 Dec 2002 16:25:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Database, online

On Thu, 19 Dec 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

> Gosh dernit, that's one of the many things that got wiped when Hotmail
> decided to replace my entire message with my signature, and not let me
> change it back.   Bah.  I'm in the middle of writing a major prop, and doing
> other stuff.  I'll get around to it, if someone else doesn't.

If only... under the current rules, AFAICT, I'm now officially stuck with
the job for a nyear, as the nomination period is closed.

If I had any props left for this nweek, I'd try to fix that, with some
sort of "any office that's being held by the Admin, the Admin can call an
election pretty much whenever e wants" clause.

> Hmm.  Yeah, I would like to be able to access the database, that would be
> the best way.  Joel, you listening?  As for the roster, I personally think
> that it's incomplete right now.  If I were to get access, would you mind me
> adding to it?

What do you think is missing?

To the best of my knowledge, the only thing missing would be the Mischief
dimension, but IIRC nobody has done anything mischievous since that one
was created. :-)

I'm a little uncomfortable about giving anyone blanket access to write
stuff to the database (don't take it personally). Depending on what you
think is missing, though, I may be able to add it in somehow...

...dave

--
David E. Smith  dave@[technopagan.org|bureau42.com|whatisay.com]
If you hate your job, hold down your expenses, save up money for