Wonko on 29 Nov 2002 16:50:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] p1231

Quoth Glotmorf,

> Regarding the Rewiring the Justice System, Take 2 proposal:
>
> - Should the points spent for a rescinding go anywhere, such as to the Gremlin
> Fund?

I suppose that could be added; it's only a few points.

> - A random thought...Should it be possible that a society be a judge?  If its
> charter has provision for it to come to a decision?

I suspect that would become very complicated; you can propose it if you
want, but I'm not going to add it to my fix.

> - Is the intent of the Upper House change to make all members of the Upper
> House (even if more than three) rule on a judgment?

Yes. That's the only way I can see of preventing judicial corruption - even
if bd decides to take a bribe, the rest of the House is unlikely too.

> - The mechanisms for the Upper House announcing their judgement are unclear.
> Do they discuss the case privately, then post a single message to the forum
> announcing their collective decision?  Or do they post their votes separately?
> If the latter, can they change their votes?

They can do whatever they want, as long as at some point before the deadline
a majority of them have agreed on something.

> - Is a tie considered to constitute the Upper House not being able to reach a
> decision?

Yes. The House reaches a decision when a majority of its members do; if no
majority ruling has been made before the time limit, then Dave casts the
deciding vote.

--
Wonko