Glotmorf on 28 Nov 2002 07:15:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Confuser (Wednesday evening)

On 11/27/02 at 11:55 PM Wonko wrote:

>Quoth David E. Smith,
>
>> I propose:
>>
>> {{ __Well, at least it's not another SOE...__
>>
>> Repeal Rules 1219, 1220, and 1229, if they exist.
>>
>> [[ Since the Societies rule has been re-written a few godzillion times,
>> I'm reasonably certain the loophole no longer exists. Then again, I
>didn't
>> think it was there in the first place... ]]
>>
>> Give Glotmorf 1 point of Respect and the Title "Overlord (Retired)".
>> Give bd and Baron von Skippy each 1 point of Respect and the Title
>> "Crooked Judge". [[ how's THAT for mixed messages? ]]
>>
>> }}
>
>I actually kind of like the Overlord idea. I think it would be faster
>simply
>to hope that Glotmorf repeals __Glotmorf Rules__ emself, then leave the OL
>system working.

I will repeal it, in time, I think, though it may very well be convenient for the game overall if someone has this authority, should some situation come up that's slightly less than an SOE but nevertheless needs dealing with.  The Administrator doesn't have the authority to change rules as e sees fit, and I'm not certain Dave would want it. (Feel free to correct me, Dave, if I'm wrong.)

I've already taken one compromise step by reducing bd and the Baron to the status of Underlords.  Though bd's right...this proposal violates r1219, and therefore couldn't be implemented even if it did pass.  Well, the titles could, but hey, I like my titles better. :)

Dave?  Those titles?  Do you need me to re-bestow them?

						Glotmorf

-----
The Ivory Mini-Tower: a cyber-anthropologist's blog
http://ix1.1sound.com/ivoryminitower