Orc In A Spacesuit on 22 Nov 2002 03:49:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Survey Time!

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,
Faeries: Hmm, yeah, although perhaps they should have some sort of energy requirement, like a hummingbird.
Constant Coffee intake?

Coffee only makes you use energy faster. *mulls* Maybe we can later make a MP (mana/magic points) stat, and give faries a lot, but require them to use /it/ to move? But whatever we do, it comes later, when we activate the stuff.

Elves: Well, considering the actual effects of those attributes are not implemented by the prop, putting a special limitation on Elves would be unbalanced at the moment. As for their stats, I figured that was pretty accurate for most versions of elves, but then you have so many versions: LotR elves, D&D elves, M:tG elves, 'fairy tale' elves, Santa's Elves, Black Ops Elves, Keebler Elves... I placed them at slightly weaker than humans, more intelligent, faster, and little less alcohol-
tolerant, cause all they drink is wine :).

But they drink a lot of it... that should build resistance :)

"Elves are Immune to Wine. They gain 1/4 the normal BAC from drinking a Glass of Wine." And when it comes to hard liqour, they remain pansies. How's that?}D

And if your mining proposal passes that creates 'fossils' and gives them
each a Race, this will cause problems.

Hmm, yes.  *considers a Human Skull with 10 WIT.*  Perhaps a change
to Species? Although actually, there wouldn't necessarily be problems, as I would think that using stats would require taking action (something I find a fossil unlikely to do), possessing objects (more unlikely), and/or having points (or something to be modified as a result of something else). And if ther is a "Human Basher Axe", that knocks Humans back 1 square, then I think it should knock back the dead ones too >). But yeah, I'll fix that.

The thing I'm more worried about is people changing eir races to the
fossil-defined races. Or, for that matter, to Gremlin or Yeti. Why not
only allow fossils in the extant races?

When I actually went to propose the prop, I actually included things like making SPD and TOL actually work, but then decided to scale back and just get this settled first. When I scaled back, I accidentally cut out the part about Standard Races; what this means, is the ones in that table are marked Standard, and players can only choose from them. Other races, such as "Gremlin", "T-Rex", and "Burrowing Wombat" are unpickable.

But then, what if something allows you to do something unpleasant to things of certain races? And here you've got this leg-bone that's a legal target for it?

Bad day to be a leg bone.

Cordially,
Orc In A Spacesuit