Rob Speer on 21 Nov 2002 07:56:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Orc starts nweek 27

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 06:22:29PM -0600, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> >From: Rob Speer <rspeer@xxxxxxx>
> >On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 04:01:56AM -0600, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> >> By Permissability of the Unprohibited, I change the Point Balance of
> >> OrcTech to 3000.
> >
> >By the Default Case, you don't.
> >
> >--
> >Rob Speer
>
> Except for the fact that the Default Case defers to all other rules.

We've been over this a whole lot of times.

The Default Case regulates changing the gamestate.

So the Default Case doesn't have to take precedence over R18, because
R18 never comes into effect.

If this weren't the case, the Default Case rule would do nothing at all.
The fact that this _is_ the case is what allowed me to write the Default
Case rule so concisely in the first place.

It's been this way for a really long time, with a few CFIs to show for
it. What change recently made you think it was any different?
--
Rob Speer