Orc In A Spacesuit on 20 Nov 2002 11:57:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Speed Limit, take 2

From: Rob Speer <rspeer@xxxxxxx>
I propose a rule:

__Speed Limit__ {* Points, Score, 3 *}
{{
If at any time the difference between a player's Score and what it was
at the beginning of the nweek is greater than 250, eir score is
immediately set to the value that would make the difference equal to 250.

The player then recieves N Style points, up to a maximum of 30, where N
is 1/10 of the number of points taken away by the previous step, rounded
up.

The player may not Win in the instant before this occurs.
}}

Ah, so that's what you were talking about. I was thinking of something else entirely. But this, too I have thought about proposing. How about this, though: Have the cap be changed at the end of an nweek, and change rule 27 to say: "If at any time a player's score equals or exceeds 1000 points, that player's Charm and Activity are both greater than zero, and that player had at least 750 points at the beginning of the current nweek, that player is immediately awarded a Win."

Just a suggestion.  I'll vote yes either way.

Respectfully,
Orc In A Spacesuit