Orc In A Spacesuit on 17 Nov 2002 05:09:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] yet another prop idea

Well, I have 2 prop ideas out already (all the random crazy items, and a society clearer-upper), with a possible 3rd (an a la carte society enhancement prop, mostly including glotmorf's suggestions, unless someone else makes it first), a 4th that I'll discuss next nweek, and here's a 5th:

This idea is mostly for customization of characters. It doesn't do too much now, but later on I imagine some things being based off of it.

I don't propose the following rule, as this is on -discuss:
{{__Races__
Each Player and Gremlin has an attribute called Race. The default Race is Undefined, except for Gremlins, whose race is Gremlin. The Yeti has a Race, which is Yeti.

The following are Standard Races:
Human
Orc
Dwarf
Elf
Ogre
Goblin
Fairie
Gnome
Undead
Blob
Alien
Enigma

[[More are welcome]]

Once per nyear, an Entity that has a Race may change eir Race to a Standard Race.
}}

I don't want to do it just yet, but I would imagine attributes like Strength, Speed, and Wits be assigned based on those races, and those attributes could be used to determine other things, like how far you can run on the grid, whether or not you need someone else to pilot your airspeeders (cause you don't know how to fly them), and how much weight you can carry (if we ever assign weights to objects.

In addition to that, things could be made race-specific. BAC could be scalable (oh, and drinking could modify intelligence--not that it would matter to Ogres). Perhaps there could be a Lute that only an Elf could play (making Music more interesting... I gotta go work on that), or other race-influenced items, such as Glamdring, bane of my people.

I don't put any of that in here simply because I want to get this basic part out first.

Feedback and contributions welcome.

Cordially,
Orc In A Spacesuit
(would really like other people to contribute)