Orc In A Spacesuit on 16 Nov 2002 22:34:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Doing it right

From: Wonko <dplepage@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Quoth Wonko,
> VI. Charm
> Societies possess Charm. When a society's proposal passes, its Charm
> increases by one. When a society's proposal fails, its Charm decreases by > one. Any society may transfer a point of Charm from itself to any player,
> but only as its charter dictates.
> If a society with negative Charm is disbanded, its members each lose
> |C|/n points, rounded up, where C is the Charm of that society, and n is the > number of members. If a society has negative Charm and only one member, and > that member leaves the society, the member first loses Charm equal to the
> magnitude of the society's Charm.

In the above section I add, "with positive Charm" after the words, "Any
society" in the 3rd sentence.

That's better. It still leaves the socity with the possibility of people racking up a huge negative charm with the society, then jumping ship and leaving the last (possibly innocent) member with the entirety of the negative charm. I feel it's better that such things be instantly distributed, so the people who do stuff are affected. Sure, people could leave each nweek right before the votes are counted, but most likely the other members would tire of this and either find a way to bar the member, or leave themselves.

Cordially,
Orc In A Spacesuit