David E. Smith on 6 Nov 2002 01:21:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Off Leave

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Jonathan David Amery wrote:

>  Now to reread the rules...

Better get yourself settled in for a long winter's nap, so to speak. The
ruleset is up to about 110 pages.

My favorites:

Rule 301 (The Grid) is over 8 pages all by its lonesome. (If we can figure
out how to do it without breaking precedence, I'd suggest breaking that
one up into various sub-rules.) Rule 441 (Gnomes) is a mere 5 pages, and
another four or five pages are rules that have been Deactivated (i.e. they
can be edited/revised, but until Reactivated, they don't actually DO
anything).

I just can't escape the feeling that this is not what "Less Is More" was
really intended to do.

...dave