Glotmorf on 28 Oct 2002 12:25:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] sheesh!

On 10/27/02 at 1:56 PM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>>From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>On 10/27/02 at 10:07 AM Wonko wrote:
>>
>> >Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

>>mails.

>> >I wish you two could have done that over IRC or something...
>>
>>Thought about it, but I'd hoped the rest of the playerbase would see the
>>merit in my arguments.  Though at what point do/did they become
>>noise-level?
>
>I didn't think that it would cause quite so much email, and I didn't think
>Glotmorf would be the only one to comment.
>
>As for seeing arguments?  I wasn't trying to convince people to vote
>yes/no,
>and neither should have you.  I was looking for ways to better my
>proposal,
>which is why I put it on -discuss until the last minute.  You shouldn't
>have
>been trying to convince anyone but me, because by convincing me you would
>get the problem fixed.

Except in my mind I didn't get the problem fixed, I suppose because I didn't convince you.  Now, however, if we didn't spam everyone into a coma, they have read our arguments and understand my objection and your motivation.  If they, like you, feel your way is needed to fix a perceived problem, you'll have convinced them.  If they, like me, feel your way causes undesirable problems, I'll have convinced them.  That's what public discussion is presumably for.

So I'll thank you not to tell me that I shouldn't have been trying to convince anyone but you.  After all, if you were only trying to convince me with your counter arguments, they didn't have to go to -discuss either.

						Glotmorf