Orc In A Spacesuit on 25 Oct 2002 19:54:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Return of the Mach.

From: Jonathan David Amery <jdamery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 'lo, my doom deadline has almost died away, so I'm going to poke my
nose back in here.  Can anyone give me a brief up-to-speedness of the
time I was away?

 WC.

Well, I can't rightly recall when you left, but here's how things stand at the moment:

People have been exploiting society bugs for the past nweek or so, inspiring many a CFI and call for State of Emergency. Luckily, Dave's interpertation stands until CFI'd otherwise, so we've been able to continue. I've got a prop that I've sent to -discuss that I plan to actually make here real soon that should fix the problems with societies, as well as enhancing them a little and opening the door to lots of (easier, less buggy) enhancement in the future.

Also of not is that Glotmorf proposed a rule a short while back that allowed people to 'Mine' the grid, lowering its elevation and getting your resources, as well as allowing some other things like making the grid somewhat 3D somehow and allowing tunneling. This rule passed, but was Deactivated (made moot and useless, but available for Reactivation) because of a bug: People could pay 70 BNS to destroy everything on one grid space, which resulted in The Grid ending up looking like a warzone.
Stocks have also been deactivated.

Another bug that was formed due to the Less Is More movement is that people are no longer limited to one vote, and you can't change votes. It's the major reason for people currently calling for SOE.

A thought just came to mind: Dave, do you think it would be possible in the future to mark whether or not a prop passes in your database? It would help people see what happened each nweek better.

Orc In A Spacesuit
still can't recall when Mach left.