Orc In A Spacesuit on 23 Oct 2002 19:11:08 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Sliced Bread looking better

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, 23 Oct 2002, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> Addendum: I specifically remember Dave saying something about Gold Stars,
> but I can't find it anywhere.  If they are different, I'd like to
> incorporate them too.

Gold Stars were just an early name for Gold Coins. I finally used the
latter name because everyone else is hell-bent on bringing currency and
other negotiable resources into the game, and so it better fit the
metaphor.

Ok.  I prefer Stars myself.

[[ snip proposed rule, which is almost identical to my proposed, and
failed massively, rule ]]

Let it die. Even I have let it die, and it was originally my idea.

...dave

I assumed that since you proposed it, you thoght it was a good idea. I had specific objections to it, as did several others, and I removed the objected stuff. Do you not like the general idea anymore, or do you not like my version, or are you just tired of the whole business?