Wonko on 20 Oct 2002 05:45:02 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Replies

Some replies:

Dave said:
I want ways to either offload a good portion of the bookkeeping tasks I
have to deal with to other people (preferably without forcing anyone else
to have to do these marathons), or at least to reduce the amount of time I
have to spend in one sitting. (If I could think of a way to do so fairly,
I'd love something like "every time X new proposals are filed, a new
ballot starts the next day" where X is maybe 15 or 20, as opposed to 40+
for nw24, and 63 (!) for the nweek previous.)

Wonko responds:
Well, the 63 was a fluke; it shouldn't happen again. But if you'd like, we
could shut off the game for a week or two, to give you some recooperation
time...? Would that help?
We could also lower Bandwidth a bit... that would probably help a lot...
And we should go SOE right about now, so we can clear up everything about
the game in such a way that nothing needs to be recalculated. Once the
gamestate has been definitively cleared, things should get easier.

----------------
Baron said:
>(I don't think revealing this is against the rules: NOBODY voted on
>Nomvivor this nweek. I generated all the votes randomly -- actually, I had
>to do it a few times, until a result with no ties popped up. If nobody's
>gonna play, why'd you create the rule in the first place?)
-I don't know how to vote, and was too lazy to check. How do we vote?-

Wonko replies:
You tell the Admin that you vote for somebody.
----------------
Orc said:
I stated 2 ways to challenge already (drunkedness screwing it up, and Dave
vetoing).  Anyone else have ideas?

Wonko responds:
I think I won last nweek, though we won't know till the CFI is judged, so
there should be a rule with high Chutzpah saying, "players may not win".
----------------
Baron said:
-In the complete lack of precedent, how can you say that? I think Dave would
have to randomize 2050 votes. Or perhaps a lucky die roll could screw up 11
OTHER votes, on another 11 of thirty or so props... The odds of my votes on
that one getting screwed aren't that high.-

Wonko replies:
Nope, by rule 154, "If, at the end of a voting period, a Player is
inebriated, e casts a random vote on (the player's BAC - 5) random ballot
items. Said votes override other votes made on those ballot items in eir
name." When it says 'other votes', that's *all* other votes. So it's in the
hands of chance now.

--
Wonko