Glotmorf on 10 Oct 2002 05:13:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Refresh Prop

On 10/9/02 at 10:25 PM Baron von Skippy wrote:

>mischievous,
>and

>>>-In case you're still wondering, that's why you two are on the T-shirt I
>>>suggested. It was hardly a scam, but it did make this nweek a little
>>>harder...-
>>>
>>>                                                   [[BvS]]
>>
>>And I still maintain that buying, dropping, picking up, combining and
>>throwning gnomes do not twist or bend any rules.  They are standard
>actions
>>that nobody has any problem with.  And even if the speeders were still
>>there, it wouldn't have been anything out of the ordinary to make them
>>dissapear.  While we did do something mischieveous, I don't see how it
>made
>>the nweek harder.
>>
>>Orc In A Spacesuit
>>
>-Nothing Wonko has ever done broke a rule, but that didn't stop eir
>actions
>screwing the game up a lot. Anyway, I spent most of an hour hammering out
>the details of the legality of your actions. Don't tell me they didn't
>make
>the nweek harder...-

Personally, I think "nothing Wonko has ever done broke a rule" is a bit of a simplification, if not totally incorrect.  E's been on the losing side of more than one CFI, and a few of eir actions have indeed been thrown out by Mr. A because they didn't comply with the rules.  In some other cases, it is my opinion that things e did bent rules in directions they weren't meant to be bent, so that if e ever got into court over it e'd need a grammar teacher more than a lawyer.

On the other hand, what you say is technically correct, if we use the reality model that says illegal actions don't happen; that would mean that anything Wonko did that did break a rule, e didn't actually do.  But then, one could say that about any of us, couldn't we?  "So are we all honorable men."

						Glotmorf