Orc In A Spacesuit on 10 Oct 2002 04:59:01 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Soceity fix?

From: "Glotmorf" <glotmorf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Perhaps a simpler alternative is if charter changes don't take effect until the following nweek, giving anyone a chance to quit before they happen, plus anyone on leave isn't bound by changes to the charter until e officially comes off leave.

There's a reason for club rules: one signs up for the club, presumably to experience certain benefits, and may be required to contribute -- statwise or actionwise -- for the privilege. If one doesn't like the required contribution, one can leave. It's just the "clear chance" aspect that's currently theoretically missing.

						Glotmorf

I think that Societies were meant to be something like Nomics within BNomic, and be a bit more complicated internally than they are now. I read about InterNomic, and I think Wild Card may have been thinking of something like that when e made the original Society proposal. Not that I was here when that happened, but that's kind of what it seems to me.

Orc In A Spacesuit