Orc In A Spacesuit on 9 Oct 2002 03:52:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] More about the Music

This is in regards about The Voice's call for ideas relating to music, and my detailed (read: long) yet incomplete response.

First, I left out some general rules to cause Dischords, pretty much by making some rules about the timing and combinations of instruments (in general), along with a few specific cases.

Second, there should be special things for completing specific tunes. These could be powerful, because their balance would be that everyone would have plenty of time to interrupt them if they wanted, and interruption is easy. Like the refrain of Jingle Bells updating the weather to make it be winter with snow and causeing Santa to come and give everyone presents. The Sun's Song from Zelda causing the nweek to advance directly to voting, and barring any actions until the ballots are turned in, counted, and recognized (Actually, the note timing ought to be based on real days, then, so we can 'abort' an nweek if we need to. And the Song of Time is just out. Dave would go into a coma.). And the Transformer's theme causing Airspeeders to... well, that's for another prop. But you get the idea.

Third, I like the runes and alchemy ideas too. Are you thinking D2 runes? Gnomes kind of are like alchemy right now, though.

Orc In A Spacesuit
bursts into "Spring Is in the Air"