Wonko on 7 Oct 2002 03:09:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Yet Another question

Quoth Orc In A Spacesuit,

> Would anyone have any proplem with me effectivly doubling the entropy for
> everything?  What I mean is, you get twice as much when you do something,
> but need twice as much to feel entropy's effects.
>
> The reason I want to do this that sometimes you can get 1/2 a point of
> entropy, and I would like to excise 1/2 points if possible.
>
> Repeat: this doubling would have absolutely no effect on the game.  Just
> higher numbers.
>
> Anybody have any problems?  Speak now or forever hold your peace.

I have a problem with that. I would be horribly opposed to having entropies
doubled. It would have disastrous impacts on the rest of the free world.
Buildings would collapse, people would start clubbing babies for no apparent
reason, stupid people would be elected to high governmental positions...
wait, that last one already happened. But still, if you doubled all entropy,
I would be forced to forfeit the game, hunt you down and eat your first-born
child, and finally kill myself out of shame by sticking my head into a
meeting of congress and inhaling deeply.

What possible problem could there be in something that has absolutely no
effect on the game? Unless you subscribe to the belief that anything which
doesn't do something to prevent an evil is evil itself, in which case using
your time and your bandwidth to double entropy when there are so many
problems that need fixing is an inherently diabolical action...

--
Wonko