bd on 7 Oct 2002 00:44:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Size

On Sunday 06 October 2002 08:12 pm, Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:
> I've seen in one proposal mention of some object being huge, and saying
> that people can only carry one huge object at a time, and it got me
> thinking.
>
> What do you guys think about everything having one of 4 sizes:
> Small
> Medium
> Large
> Huge
>
> And these general rules applying:
> Players are Large (for reference)
> People can carry any amount of Small things, and either 5 Medium things or
> 1 Large thing.
>
> Only 1 Large thing (players) can be in a location at a time.  If there is a
> Huge thing in a location, nothing else can be there.
>
> It allows some bit of balance, and takes care of passability.  If you guys
> do go for this, it'll go in with my Machines quite nicely.
>
> If anybody thinks this is too simple, we can change it later.
>
> Orc In A Spacesuit
> is making progress.  No, really!

I think this is good-ish. There needs to be containers. These would have a
size smaller than their contents. In addition, there needs to be weight, so
you don't put containers inside containers. The maximum weight would be
determined by the player's STR and CON attributes, modified slightly by DEX.
:)

--
bd
In the misfortune of our friends we find something that is not displeasing