Glotmorf on 6 Oct 2002 18:07:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] my first online nomic

On 10/6/02 at 10:13 AM bd wrote:

>On Sunday 06 October 2002 03:55 am, Greg Darian wrote:
>
>> "This charter has these initial members:404notfound, Athena, Baron von
>> Skippy, bd, Dan, Glotmorf, Iain, Naath, Orc In a Spacesuit, Rob, Squire
>of
>> Dimness, The Voice, Wild Card, Wonko, Wonko May Not Vote.
>
>Problems:
>a) A charter may not hava members

On the contrary, a charter is required to have a list of initial members.  Whether or not they consent to being members is a separate issue.

>b) Players *MUST* consent to join.

See above.

>> 'Wonko May Not Vote' is the High Mookie.
>>
>> The High Mookie can change this charter.
>>
>> Anyone can join by saying e wants to and getting the High Mookie to ok
>it.
>
>IIRC, exiting a Soceity cannot be regulated by a charter.

Not entirely true.  A society can't prevent anyone from leaving whenever e wants, but there can be conditions to leaving, such as paying a certain number of points to the society's pools, or even receiving a portion of said pools.

>> The High Mookie can kick anybody out.
>>
>> This society has a pool of points and BNS.
>>
>> Anybody can give points and BNS to The Secret Mookies
>>
>> The High Mookie can give points and BNS to anybody."
>>
>> I propose this rule
>>
>> {{__The Mookie Secret__
>>
>> At the beginning of each nweek, give each member of The Secret Mookies 50
>> points and 1000 BNS.}}
>
>You have to make a proposal that creates the rule, but the Admin usually
>corrects these.

I forget if it's standard delimiters or elimination of boilerplate, but one of those says a proposed rule implies the proposal.

						Glotmorf