Wonko on 6 Oct 2002 15:09:07 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] my first online nomic

Quoth bd,

> On Sunday 06 October 2002 03:55 am, Greg Darian wrote:
>
>> "This charter has these initial members:404notfound, Athena, Baron von
>> Skippy, bd, Dan, Glotmorf, Iain, Naath, Orc In a Spacesuit, Rob, Squire of
>> Dimness, The Voice, Wild Card, Wonko, Wonko May Not Vote.
>
> Problems:
> a) A charter may not hava members
> b) Players *MUST* consent to join.

I think it's legal; Glotmorf just wants us to give our consent before we
become members. E wrote it wrong though, so we're all initial members now.
It's kind of stupid, actually. Hold on whilst I exploit this.

>> 'Wonko May Not Vote' is the High Mookie.
>>
>> The High Mookie can change this charter.
>>
>> Anyone can join by saying e wants to and getting the High Mookie to ok it.
>
> IIRC, exiting a Soceity cannot be regulated by a charter.

You can't force people to stay in, but it's perfectly okay to have
provisions for kicking people out.

>> The High Mookie can kick anybody out.
>>
>> This society has a pool of points and BNS.
>>
>> Anybody can give points and BNS to The Secret Mookies
>>
>> The High Mookie can give points and BNS to anybody."
>>
>> I propose this rule
>>
>> {{__The Mookie Secret__
>>
>> At the beginning of each nweek, give each member of The Secret Mookies 50
>> points and 1000 BNS.}}
>
> You have to make a proposal that creates the rule, but the Admin usually
> corrects these.

Actually, no you don't. The technique is called, "proposing a rule", and it
is defined in the rules.

--
Wonko