Glotmorf on 5 Oct 2002 06:08:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] All right Glottie, here you go:

On 10/5/02 at 12:57 AM Orc In A Spacesuit wrote:

>If not doing so would cause the destruction of anything, I do the
>following:
>
>For every object, entity, item, value, score, and thing, other than
>players,
>I change it's name to it's original name plus " X", where X is an integer
>equal to the X of the last element I successfully changed the name of +1,
>if
>I can for that object, entity, item, value, score, or thing.
>
>I highly suggest that Dave ignore this whole mess.  Maybe even issue a
>writ
>or something, I dunno.  Thank goodness my uber prop fixes this whole mess,
>too bad it's not done yet.

See, there's a couple problems with the whole naming-one's-points thang:

1. Giving a point a name would be a change to the game state.  There's nothing that says one can give a point a name.  Therefore, giving a point a name is in violation of the default case.

2. My CFI said that all those interchangable parts ceased to exist as of the beginning of nweek 24.  Which means, if my statement is true, the points are already gone and therefore not there for you to name.

As for not destroying anything, Dave's sanity was sounding a bit brittle there for a time...

						Glotmorf