Orc In A Spacesuit on 5 Oct 2002 05:53:04 -0000

[spoon-discuss] A few things to say

Well, I have a few things to say.

First, I was working on a real nice, smooth, proposal which did the following:

Define machines, which let you make stuff
Define knowledges, which are sometimes required to activate machines
Make a delivery system, so you get get your machine products to customers
Redefine all the societies, to tie them into these machines (and give those societies the machines they need to continue what they do now)
Also redefine societies to fix all the problems associated with them.

And it didn't have all the overhead associated with some of my other *cough*uber*cough*technology*cough* proposals. However, to get it to work right (ie - no holes for Wonko and company to exploit), I kept having to define things specifically, increasing overhead. It was soon starting to like parts of my Uber-prop, simplified, with lots of cool stuff thrown in. So, I decided to use my experience with this prop, and other general experience, to redouble my efforts on the Uber-Prop.

I have done so already, and although I haven't updated it to my web page, I can tell you this about the Uber-Prop now: It's lots smaller, neater, and has lots of junk thrown out. I cut it up into smaller rules, and created a new object, seperate from the rules, which is pretty much a list of all object classes, which cuts a LOT out of some rules in the current ruleset. It takes many rules, and cuts them out completely, as some of them are compacted into 1 sentence, or even less, in the general definitions. It combines many related rules, but the new combinations are actually much smaller than the original parts, making less truely be more.

Oh, and I learned Java on Tuesday (yes, I went to _no_ Java knowledge when I woke up, to being able to make games and other stuff in major study session--knowing other languages helped). For those of you who don't know, Java is much easier and simpler than C++, which my Uber-Prop has been likened to. Well, it's now more Java-like.

Orc In A Spacesuit
is working on the Uber-Prop.