Wonko on 4 Oct 2002 00:30:09 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] it's Baaaaaaackk......

Quoth David E. Smith,

> {{ __The Worst Thing Since Sliced Bread__
>
> Create a new rule:
> {{ __Gold Coins__
>
> Any player may, at any time, pay Five US Dollars to the Administrator in
> exchange for a Gold Coin. The Gold Coin shall be issued to the paying
> player at the beginning of the nweek following receipt of payment. If
> payment is received during the first two days of an nweek, the
> Administrator may, at eir discretion, issue the Gold Coin immediately.

Although I like the idea of the Admin being able to award people bonuses if
e feels they deserve it, I'm a little leary of the Real-World money thing...

For one thing, I don't see how I'd be able to get money to you. I don't live
near enough to make it worth the trip just to get a bit of bandwidth.

Also, I'm not sure I like the idea that somebody else could win by virtue of
having more RW money to waste than I do. If others can always beat me
because of to forces beyond my control, why am I playing?

--
Wonko