Dan Waldron on 3 Oct 2002 02:39:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Guys aren't eirs!

The Spivak pronouns were coined by the author Michael Spivak to refer to
the reader, who, of course, may be someone of either gender.  I believe
Hofstadter refers to them somewhere in Metamagical Themas.  For some
strage reason they seem to have been picked up on by the nomic community
and almost nobody else.

Dan
(I'm still here, lurking)

On Thu, 3 Oct 2002, David E. Smith wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Oct 2002, Glotmorf wrote:
>
> > I've seen mention of Spivaks outside the game.  I assumed when I joined
> > that they weren't just some private joke of Dave's.
>
> Spivaks have been around for a while. I first ran into 'em on LambdaMOO in
> 1994 or thereabouts.
>
> They're not mine, at any rate.
>
> ...dave

Dan Waldron