Orc In A Spacesuit on 2 Oct 2002 10:16:07 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday afternoon)

From: "David E. Smith" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
The following proposals will be on the nweek 24 ballot (under an
unintentional loophole -- I only meant for one ballot to have the "all the
props you can write" condition, but it does technically extend through
the end of nday 10)...

I dunno exactly when the nweek changed compared to when I made the various props recently, but I would really like them excluded too, considering I didn't put any props on the 'free for all' ballot.

Orc cannot nominate emself for any Ministry, because under the
ill-conceived rules that govern same, I'm de facto elected for the
standard 1-nyear term (unless someone wants to call for a vote of no
confidence, or whatever we call it) against me for some specific ministry.

Rule 625/6 __Ministers__:
B.1. Ministerial Elections
If at any time no player (or The Administrator) holds a Ministry, an Election is called for that Ministry. The Election consists of two phases: a Nomination phase immediately followed by a Voting Phase, each of which are 5 ndays long. The Nomination phase of the Election begins at the first beginning of an nday after the Ministry is not held by any Player or The Administrator.

Ok, I got 2 angles on this, take your pick:
1) Ministerial Elections have a different time frame; they do not have elections coinciding with regular ones. Therefore, if my nominations were within 5 ndays of whatever, they count. 2) (Warning:Wonko-like interpertation) It says "if...no player (or the Administrator) holds a Ministry". That looks like "if...{{no player}} (or {{the Administrator}}) holds a Ministry". So either {{no player}} or {{the Administrator}}. You hold it, so one condition is met. So we get a new election.

Well, anyway, since I set up the Curator, I don't think I can handle that plus both of these plus my uber prop, so I don't want to go after the Gremlin one. So I ask that someone second me for the Ministry of Economic Affairs.

If all else fails, I'll make a prop.

Orc In A Spacesuit
huh? whut?