Wonko on 1 Oct 2002 21:05:04 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] BNomic v2

Quoth bd,

> On Tuesday 01 October 2002 04:54 pm, Wonko wrote:
>> Quoth bd,

>>> What raytracer did you use?
>>
>> I would suspect that Orc did not do this with nothing but a ray-tracer, on
>> the grounds that some things, such as your @ and Voice's disembodied Speech
>> Bubble, seem to have been made far more elaborate than would be neccessary
>> - for example, Voice's complicated, semi-transparent form, as opposed to a
>> floating speech bubble.
>>
>> Nonetheless, that's damn impressive, Orc.
>
> I saw no @.

Right. Another good example. What I'm saying is, I suspect that Orc relied
heavily on a preconstructed library of 3-D images, rather than just pumping
a bunch of numbers into a ray-tracer.

*pauses*

Of course, running a 3-D engine with a preconstructed library of images
basically amounts to pumping a bunch of numbers into a ray-tracer.

But it's different, 'cause... uh...

Well, *I* know what I mean, and that's the important part :)

--
Wonko