Wonko on 1 Oct 2002 03:44:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] The Daily Recognizer (Monday afternoon)

Quoth Baron von Skippy,

>>> Wonko's massive Grid action du jour: Bonus Boxes are Immobile, and thus
>>> can't be pinged with Pinball Guns. r301.A.2,par.2. They're not mobile,
>>> therefore they're immobile. Anyway. In order:
>>> * 100 pts converted to 900 BNS
>>> * Scary Box found at (11,3) (-25 points, if you had any)
>>> * The next 3 moves are legal
>>> * Borrowing 2 points from Luigi: Legal
>>> * Buying a Pinball Gun with those 2 points: legal
>>> * Pinging a Bonus Box: illegal
>>> * The last 2 moves: legal
>>> * Scary Box found at (6,3) (-25 points, if you had any)
>>> * So, you went through all that, and all you have to show for it is a
>>> less-useful-than-you-thought Pinball Gun and 2 points of Debt.
>>>
>>> Wonko's second, less massive, Grid action:
>>> * Wonko's walk: illegal. r301.F.9. The sectino of r301 defining
>> Airspeeder
>>> movement takes precedence over 'normal' movement, and you're all out of
>>> Airspeeder movement.
>>> * Jedi Mind Trick: presumably legal. (E *is* the Minister responsible for
>>> this, after all.)
>>> * Eir votes: well, that's a matter of some contention, isn't it. I would
>>> maintain their illegality, but I'm not the justice system. ("Let's make
>>> it Imperial" failed way back in like nweek 3 or something.)
>>
>> I think Wonko deserves a bag o' chips here...
>>
>> {{ _Yes, My Friend, You are Bold, but Are You Also...Daring?_
>>
>> For having done more damage to emself than any other player in any nweek in
>> this game, I respect Wonko.
>>
>> }}
>>
>> Glotmorf
>>
> -More damage to just emself? How about emself, the game, and the sanities of
> all players and Dave, and Dave's life?-

Actually, I don't believe I just set a record on any of those counts.
Remember the DimShip Crisis? I lost in excess of 600 points to that (not to
mention a few hundred virtual points I thought I had). It also damaged the
game, players' sanities, and Dave's life, if I recall correctly, because it
resulted in a week of argument cumulating in a dozen CFI's and a SOE.

It was a lot of fun, though :)

--
Wonko