Rob Speer on 28 Sep 2002 04:51:02 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Votes, nweek 23

On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 07:58:14PM -0400, Daniel Lepage wrote:
> Quoth Rob Speer,
>
> > 995 NO  So you'd have two Elbonian Airways on the same
> > spot?
>
> No, I'm removing the bit in the rules about Elbonian Airways being on those
> squares, and putting it back in with Service Malls. It doesn't place a
> second Airways anywhere.

Hmm. That clarifies things... but I still don't see the point. See,
Wonko, you propose tons of stuff, and some of it is rather good, but I
don't want to just give you points for every proposal that I'm undecided
about.

> > 1012 NO  Sure, you make it seem innocent, but then you'll
> > go around Garthing Brooks with impunity.
>
> Except there won't be Brooks anymore. And anyway, Garthing Brooks with
> impunity would result in massive rock-purchase payments, and subsequent
> poorness.

I meant that jokingly. I didn't look at what the rules were and didn't
remember that there were actual Brooks to Garth.

> > 1043 NO  Not necessary.
>
> Clarification is always good.

Well, the CFJ says that you can't decrease anyone else's dimensions
anyway, right?

> > 1044 NO
> > 1045 YES
>
> Wait, you're voting AGAINST T-shirts, but FOR something which creates
> T-shirts?

Sure. I don't think T-Shirts are important enough to have a rule, but
making an honorary object that has no purpose at all within the game
is fine.

> > 1059 NO  There's no such thing as a Gbnome either.
>
> Admin rectification.

I thought that had to happen before voting. I may be confused.

> > 1060 NO
>
> What could I do to this proposal so that you would like it next nweek if I
> made it again?

Using the Royal Flush seems like one of those obscure actions that would
only be useful in very specific situations and which everyone would
forget about. Remember the King Gremlin? Did anyone ever Oppress
anything?

--
Rob Speer