Glotmorf on 27 Sep 2002 14:06:03 -0000

[spoon-discuss] Re: [Spoon-business] Votes, nweek 23

On 9/27/02 at 1:47 AM Rob Speer wrote:

>Prop___ Vote___________ Comments______________________________
>1001	NO		Um... sounds like yet another Society designed
>			to give certain people money. No.
>1002	YES		Being a pain in the ass results in a pain in the
>			ass. Hammurabi would be proud.

Missed 1003.

>1004	YES

You voted no on WBE, but yes on a prop that makes profit for WBE?

>1006	NO		Societies scare me. Nested ones scare me more.

"If you scare them..."
"They'll think."
"And if they think?"
"They'll become even more scared."
-- from "The Seventh Seal"

>1013	NO		Since A Nomic, the words "The Bank" give me the
>			shivers.

Too late.  We've already got a Bank.

>1023	NO		How is it a "less is more" if it doesn't
>			actually get shorter?

Fewer rules.  Things consolidated into fewer places.

>1024	NO		What does that accomplish?

Right now r946 has subsections A, B, C and G.  It cleans up the subsections, and also cleans up the language of the current subsection G.

>1026	YES		Though the restriction on players won't be very
>			restrictive if someone, say, makes a Gremlin out
>			of papier-mache.

E'd have to make sentience out of papier-mache too.

>1033	YES

Missed 1034.

>1035	YES

Missed 1051 and 1052.

>1057	NO		I'd prefer if stories usually had something to
>			do with the proposal, or were separated from
>			proposals entirely.

It was supposed to help set up a framework for things like the dimship-related stories, since it looks like those are turning collaborative, but, yes, I admit I thought it'd be neat to have a general-purpose storybuilding mechanism too.  Had writing on the brain for a few days now.