Orc In A Spacesuit on 27 Sep 2002 00:38:03 -0000

Re: [spoon-discuss] hop on props

Here's some more aggregated replies:
Orc's Thoughts:
About the Olive Trees prop: I really like the concept, but it's broken.
First, you would get all the money back, meaning you could fill the entire
grid with your trees with just 10 (recycled) points, generating an insane
amount of points for you.  Even if this didn't work, it still just makes the
rich richer.

Athena's Reply:
Not if someone joins AS, which everyone is invited to do.
Thoughts on this proposal?

Orc's ReReply
Well, if someone joins, then the two of you could go crazy with 20 points. It keeps getting recycled each time, no matter how many people are in. And still, the trees by themselves just make the rich richer. Sure, there's a bit of lag, but if someone gets enough, they'll be unstoppable.

Orc's Thoughts:
About the Nomvivor prop: I don't like how absentee votes are done.  Allow
people to cast votes beforehand, and don't limit it like absentees.

Glotmorf's Reply:
Some method of absentee voting has to be in place, otherwise someone could win Nomvivor just by not being around for nweeks at a time. Since the method for
absentee voting is random, it's fair to all concerned.

Aside from that, casting votes in advance?  Sounds like r18 to me.  As in
permitted.

Orc's ReReply:
The first part makes no sense. If you don't vote, then you will most likely voted off by others. And you say 'During each proposal voting period', limiting when votes can be cast. Oh, and clarify how the voted-off person's vote is counted next time. I understand it, but it's ambiguous.

Orc's Thoughts:
About the Cleanliness props: such clarifications are up to interpertation,
and that's what CFI's are for.  And such clarifications by the admin
could inadvertently cause other problems.  As for the part changing rules
based on CFI's, that's what we are for, and see the previous sentence.
Seems to me like Wonko's grabbing for points again, especially since he
made 2 props.

Glotmorf's Reply:
If I'm reading the Cleanliness prop right, all it's doing is letting the Admin put a comment in a rule that shows what CFIs regarding it got ruled what, thus indicating the proper scope of the rule. Annotated law books do the same thing.
It's not a bad idea.

Orc's ReReply:
I missed the comments part on the first prop, but NOTE: cleanliness propS. Plural. More than one. The second allows full edit capabilities, and can lead to the most problems. I was wrong about the first prop, I admit it. But I think that all such comments should require something like [[Admin comment: yadayadayada...]], so we can tell them apart.

Glotmorf's Reply:
I am really, really against props that only affect single players, because that's really, really not fair.

Orc's ReReply:
So destroy all stocks, all shares, and all rules allowing such, and start over.

Glotmorf's Reply:
I'd like to see these upgrades be more public domain.  Call it industrial
espionage.

AND THEN:

Sorry. Came up with it on my own. Totally separate research department. No
secrets in nature, logic or unreality.

Orc's ReReply:
Uhh Huhh... Sure.. ;p

Orc In A Spacesuit
is working on making his vaporware realware in realtime on an overclocked and overpriced computer that's not worth the dough spent on it, which would better go toward's pizza.